Passenger detained at airport after suspicious item found |Miami International Airport bomb Video photo

0
50

Passenger detained at airport after suspicious item found |Miami International Airport bomb Video photo

A passenger was detained and bomb squad investigators were at Miami International Airport on Friday after investigators spotted a suspicious item in a baggage screening area, authorities said.

A passenger was in law enforcement custody, the Transportation Security Administration said in a statement early Friday morning. Authorities did not provide details about whether the passenger had been charged or what investigators found.

All concourses of the airport except for Concourse J were closed early Friday, said Javier Baez with Miami-Dade Police.

Concourses E and F were evacuated at 9:30 p.m. Thursday after the item was found, said Greg Chin, a Miami-Dade Aviation Department spokesman. Authorities rerouted arriving flights to other parts of the airport.

முரட்டு கதைகள்:  నేను చదివిన కథలు మీకు నచ్చుతాయా 1

Investigators from Miami-Dade Police, the Transportation Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security responded to the incident, the Transportation Security Administration said in a statement. Airport roads were also closed “to ensure public safety,” the statement said.

Miami airport evacuated after suspect baggage alert
Police and fire rescue officers, arrival level, Miami International Airport, early morning, Friday 3 September Several terminals remained closed overnight while a police bomb squad investigated

A passenger was detained and four of Miami International Airport’s six concourses were evacuated on Thursday after a suspicious item was spotted in a checked bag during screening.

The US Transportation Security Administration (TSA) declined to identify the item, detected at 2100 local time (0100 GMT).

முரட்டு கதைகள்:  சித்தியின் தேங்கா முலைகளையும் குத்திட்டு நின்ற முலைக்`காம்புகளையும்

“The passenger was located and is now in law enforcement custody,” said the TSA in a statement.

The passenger has not been named.

Between 100 and 200 passengers were evacuated from terminals E, F, G and H during the security alert, according to an airport spokesman.

Bomb squad officers were called to investigate and remained at the airport overnight, he added.

Flights continued to arrive but were diverted to other parts of the airport, the spokesman said.

All four concourses re-opened on Friday morning, he confirmed.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here